The Podcast Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11.13.2011 - So Crazy It Just Might Work

Go down

11.13.2011 - So Crazy It Just Might Work Empty 11.13.2011 - So Crazy It Just Might Work

Post  Branden Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 am

You know what is cool about the cancer cells story? It's not over yet. I kept thinking it would end with them not proving anything and realizing that they never will. But no! From the sounds of it, they have only scratched the surface as far as testing goes. That would be amazing if this actually led to something. It does make sense... everything, including the smallest of cells, has a different compositional structure, even if the differences are miniscule. Theoretically, there should be a certain frequency that can affect one, and only one, compositional structure.

Sadly, however, even a discovery as amazing and important as this can be hindered by human emotion. "Yeahhh, we could cure cancer... but Fred has really been annoying me lately, so I'm thinking of giving up."

Anyway, the Mormon kid story was insanely uncomfortable. I felt like Garit must feel when he watched Steve Carrell on The Office. I was squirming in my seat. Awkward, awkward, awkward. But hey, bless his heart for trying so hard, I guess...?

Have you had any ideas that were so crazy that you thought just might work? Most of mine involve the courting of girls. Haha. Generally unsuccessful there. It get interesting when you bring faith into the equation. Like, you know, religious faith. I can think of times on my mission where I was absolutely convinced that I could baptize 25 people in a month (the mission average was about 25... out of 120 elders). I look back on it now and think about how crazy I was. Is that just a reflection on where my faith is now? Or was I just way overzealous at that time? I'd like to think the latter... but with hints of the former.

Self-disclosure! Woot!

Branden
Admin

Back to top Go down